Harvard Fire Protection District Meeting Minutes
Held July 11, 2017
Trustee Condon called the meeting of the Harvard fire Protection District Board of Trustees to order at 6:05 pm in the meeting room of the Fire Station at 502 S. Eastman Street. Present were Trustees Condon, Carbonetti and Clarke. Also in attendance were D/C D. Davidson, Lt. M. Veronese, and FF J. Gerrish (6:20 pm).
Mike Piccolo, from the Jean Ross Company in Woodstock, Illinois, spoke about the repairs to Engine 741. He is currently waiting on a replacement pressure relief valve housing. Ongoing work is taking place to eliminate oil leaks from the engine seals at the front cover and between the engine block and gear housing. He further suggested a more frequent preventative maintenance schedule for pumper apparatus.
Approval of Minutes:
Motion made by Carbonetti and seconded by Clarke to approve minutes of the June 13, 2017 meeting. Voice vote: all ayes, motion approved 3-0.
Motion made by Clarke, seconded by Carbonetti to regretfully accept the resignation of FF/PM Kip Bordeau and FF Kristie Davis. Condon, aye; Carbonetti, aye; Clarke, aye. Motion approved 3-0.
Hiring of New Personnel:
Motion made by Clarke, seconded by Condon to hire introductory employees Leslie Ingersoll, David Anaya, and Allie Justen. Condon, aye; Carbonetti, aye; Clarke, aye. Motion approved 3-0. Welcome aboard!
Approve Participation in ComEd Real Time Pricing Program:
Clarke made a presentation identifying the possible monetary savings by participating in ComEd’s billing program which bills at a variable hourly rate vs. a flat rate. Motion made by Condon, and seconded by Carbonetti to participate in the Real Time Pricing program. Voice vote: all ayes, motion approved 3-0.
Approve Payment of Bills:
Motion made by Carbonetti and seconded by Clarke to approve payment of invoices for service and materials totaling $26,680.92. Condon, aye; Carbonetti, aye; Clarke, aye. Motion approved 3-0.
- Deputy Fire Chief: D/C Davidson: 1. Meeting scheduled with Foster Coach at 10am on Thursday to confirm new ambulance specifications; 2. MABAS dues proposal for 2018 is $4500 plus 3/10 of 1% of annual budget; 3. Requested copies of personnel manual to provide to new introductory employees. Condon stated new personnel policies are currently being reviewed by District legal counsel.
- Battalion Chief: No report.
- Training officer: 1. D/C Davidson reports that July 12, 2017 training will be on rural water supply; 2. Lt. M. Veronese reports that presently all personnel are certified as EMT’s.
- Fire /Rescue Association: No report.
- Building Maintenance: Condon reported that landscaping around the fire station has been postponed until September due to the heat..
- Treasurers Report: Carbonetti presented current balance sheet and budget documents.
Clarke spoke about trustees investigating future pumper apparatus purchase. The age of Engine 741 and the lack of recognition of this vehicle by the Insurance Service Organization make this a priority. Condon requested D/C D. Davidson begin the specification writing process.
Clarke to make contact with FGM Architects to schedule a tour of the fire station.
Clarke offered an idea to increase participation in call backs for General Alarms. Condon requested a written proposal be submitted at the August 8, 2017 meeting.
Carbonetti is obtaining information pertaining to activities at the Motorola buildings.
Motion made by Carbonetti and seconded by Clarke to adjourn meeting at 8:30 pm. All ayes, motion approved 3-0. Meeting adjourned.
Joseph Clarke, Sec.
Date approved: ______________________________