- Regular Meeting Call to order (7:04 p.m.)
- Pledge of Allegiance and Moment of Silence
- Roll Call; Trustee Clarke, Trustee Hugg, Trustee Carbonetti, and Trustee Kelnhofer, were present. Trustee Condon was absent.
- Motion to approve the agenda. (Kelnhofer) Second (Hugg) Roll call vote; Clarke-yes, Hugg-yes, Kelnhofer-yes, Carbonetti-yes.
- Audience Participation-None
- Secretary’s Report- Motion to table meeting minutes. (Clarke) Second (Hugg) Clarke-yes, Hugg-yes, Kelnhofer-yes, Carbonetti-yes.
- Trustee Carbonetti made a motion to strike item 9; Approve an ordinance authorizing the Purchase and Financing of the Fire Equipment.
- Payment of Bills- (Carbonetti) Second (Kelnhofer) Clarke made motion to pay check 12087 separate after further review. Clarke-yes, Kelnhofer-yes, Hugg-yes, Carbonetti-no.
- Motion to pay check 12087 to Zukowski, Rogers, Flood and McArdle law firm (Hugg) Second (Kelnhofer) Carbonetti-yes, Hugg-no, Clarke-no, Kelnhofer-yes.
- Hugg presented performance review to Chief Harter
- Motion to approve an ordinance authorizing the Purchase and Financing of the Fire Equipment. (Kelnhofer) Second (Hugg) Carbonetti-yes, Clarke-yes, Kelnhofer-yes, Hugg-yes.
- Motion to approve Union Auto Aid Agreement. (Clarke) Second (Kelnhofer) Clarke- yes, Kelnhofer-yes, Hugg-yes, Carbonetti-yes.
- Old Business
- New Business-DC Davidson discussed Auto Aid agreement with Board.
- Correspondence- None
- Fire Chief’s Report
Call activity March 2019:
Total: March 2019 = 106
March 2018= 113
Same time 2018 341
Breakdown March 2019
68 Medical Emergency
7 Motor vehicle accident
6 Dispatched & cancelled en route
4 Assist invalid
4 Fire – Brush – MA – Food – etc
14 Other misc. – Cᵒ – False Alarm, etc
• Extensive training for the new engine underway
• Driver training well under way
• Tools and equipment being mounted
• Radio ordered and scheduled for installation end of the month
• Target of May 1st for “in-service”
• We have been awarded the State of Illinois Communication grant: $87,500
• We received IPRF Grant – $6,886.
• SAFER grant pending.
• FEMA Engine still pending.
• 0% OSFM loan still pending.
Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual:
• Battalion Chief Pierce sent the draft to Trustee Hugg on 8-16-2018
• We will be speaking the Chamber “State of the City of Harvard” event on May 17th.
• We will be doing “Operation Prom” on April 30th
• Nothing new to report
• Nothing new to report
- Action Items- None
- Motion to adjourn (Hugg) Second (Kelnhofer) Clarke-yes, Hugg-yes, Kelnhofer-yes, Carbonetti-yes.